Here you can find added ways to use your Mindful Apothecary products to support your emotional wellbeing.
- Apply the balm to your pulse points and take a deep breath in through your nose, counting to 5. Hold for 3 seconds, then slowly exhale through the nose for 7 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
- Apply the balm to your pulse points and take in a slow deep breath, closing your eyes. Bring to mind an image of a place that you associate with the scent. Perhaps it is a beautiful flower garden, a cosy corner in your house, or wandering along a shore. Each time you use the balm practice imagining this scene and it will become automatic.
- Apply the balm to your pulse points and take in a slow deep breath. As you do, sense a desired emotion arising (e.g. relaxation, joy, comfort, awareness). Do this repeatedly and you will ‘anchor’ this emotion to the scent, and experience it each time you use it
Self-care doesn't have to be lengthy and time consuming. Adding in little moments of self-care through the day can really help your wellbeing.
- When outside, stop to listen to the sounds around you. You might be surprised at what you hear.
- When using your balm, take a moment before you apply it to stop and take in the scent. Then slowly apply it, noticing the feel of the balm on your fingers and on your skin.
- If you are having a hard day around your body image, find something about your appearance that you like or feel neutral about. Focus on gratitude for this area for the day.
- When you feel lost in a busy mind stop what you're doing, stand or sit still and feel the sensations as your body makes contact with the ground or the chair. Take a slow breath in and out through the nose and then continue your day.
We hope to add lots of other wellbeing resources in the future as well, what else would you like to see here? Let us know at email@example.com